Part 1. Knowledge Exchange. (September 17, 2020 2:00-4:30pm)
We will delve into the following topics:
- Compositional requirements
- Protein claims
- Protein ratings
- Protein efficiency ratios (PER) and Protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS)
- Imitation versus substitute
- Simulated meats/poultry products
- Meatless meats, Milkless milks, fishless fishes, crabless crab, eggless mayos
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Flexitarian, Pescatarian
- Certification logos
- Canada’s Food Guide - Enhanced plant-based proteins
- Fortification/vitamins/minerals/amino acids
- Fortified plant-based beverages
Part 2. Practicum (September 24, 2020 2:00 - 4:00pm)
The second part of this series (Practicum) allows webinar attendees an opportunity to gain further clarification of topics discussed in the first part of the webinar. No question will be left unanswered. Our goal is to have you walk away from this webinar series feeling confident with your labelling strategy.
- Attendees will get to work on determining protein ratings using protein efficiency ratios and PDCAAS determinations (worksheets will be provided after Part 1.). Gary will work through both systems of determining protein ratings during this practicum session.
- We will dive deeper into the Canadian marketplace for product examples to engage your knowledge and understanding of Canadian compliance matters related to this highly dynamic food category. What are they doing right? What are they doing wrong?
- Q&A – Any further areas of discussion that is sparked by attendees.
Who Should Attend
· Food Labelling and Advertising Specialists
· Food Scientists
· Food Regulatory Specialists
· Product Development Personnel
· Research & Development Personnel
· Marketing Personnel
· Food Safety & Quality Consultants
· Food Service Personnel
· Food Technologists
· Ingredient Suppliers
· Food Inspectors
· Owners/Operators of Food Business