GETTING IT RIGHT WITH PLANT-BASED FOODS [Pre-Recorded Webinar Knowledge Exchange & Practicum
Part 1: Getting It Right with Plant-Based Foods, Knowledge Exchange (Pre-Recorded)
The Canadian market for plant-based proteins, including alternative meat sources, is progressing at a dramatic rate. What are you doing to stay on top of compliance in this specialized category? Let us help you gain a better understanding and comprehensive look at the Canadian regulatory environment.
This is a meaty subject ;) and Gary delivers a wide variety of information in this two part webinar training series.
We delve into the following topics:
- Compositional requirements
- Protein claims
- Protein ratings
- Protein efficiency ratios (PER) and Protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS)
- Imitation versus substitute
- Simulated meats/poultry products
- Meatless meats, Milkless milks, fishless fishes, crabless crab, eggless mayos
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Flexitarian, Pescatarian
- Certification logos
- Canada’s Food Guide - Enhanced plant-based proteins
- Fortification/vitamins/minerals/amino acids
- Fortified plant-based beverages
Part 2: Getting it Right with Plant-Based Foods, Asynchronous Learning Practicum
This is a recorded step-through training session that guides attendees on answering the worksheet questions provided with the course. It also explores the content covered in the Knowledge Exchange Webinar Recording (original broadcast date September 17, 2020) in view of actual label examples and instruction. The recording will also feature some of the most common FAQs in previous sessions.
This is the “icing on the cake” which will help attendees gain the confidence needed to develop compliant foods and labelling. Our goal is to have you walk away from this webinar series feeling confident with the guidance and instruction provided to tackle your labelling strategy.
Who Should Attend:
- Food Labelling and Advertising Specialists
- Food Scientists
- Food Regulatory Specialists
- Product Development Personnel
- Research & Development Personnel
- Marketing Personnel
- Food Safety & Quality Consultants
- Food Service Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Food Inspectors
- Owners/Operators of Food Business