Webinar Date to be announced!
Part 1. Knowledge Exchange.
We will delve into the following topics:
1. Labelling, labelling, labelling
2. Food and Drug Regulations NEW Division 29 “Supplemented Foods”
3. Claims requirements
4. Supplement Food Facts
5. Health Canada’s List of Permitted Supplemental Ingredients
6. Health Canada’s List of Permitted Supplemented Food Categories
7. Health Canada’s Directory of Supplemented Food Facts Table Formats
8. Health Canada’s Directory of Food Caution Identifier Specifications
9. List of Foods That Have Received Temporary Marketing Authorization
10. Threshold Levels for Cautionary Statements and Other Conditions of Use
11. TMA’s? Are they dead or alive? Special transitional provisions.
Part 2. Live Practicum
The second part of this series, the live Practicum, is a training session that guides
attendees on answering the worksheet questions provided with the course. It also
explores the content covered in the Knowledge Exchange Webinar Recording in
view of actual label examples and instruction.
1. Between the knowledge exchange and practicum sessions, attendees will
complete on their own time and pace, the worksheet handout. This will be
reviewed in the practicum session.
2. The practicum is deigned to encourage critical thinking while applying the
new know knowledge. Let’s see where the knowledge obstacles are and how
they can be overcome.
3. During the live practicum session, attendees can ask questions, prose
alternative solutions and even challenge conventional thinking. Its about
building pathways to success.
4. The live practicum is not recorded. However, asynchronous recordings will be
provided as support so attendees can review the content as needed and at
their pace. Review the support package of your program.
5. The new supplemented food rules open a whole new world of possibilities in
adding vitamins, minerals, amino acids, caffeine and other possible other
botanicals to foods which are currently provided unless temporary marketing
authorization are granted by Health Canada. In the practicum we will review
what can and cannot be added, limitations and affects on labelling.
6. The new rules are established in a whole new Division the FDR. Along with
this are many documents that are incorporated by reference. By the end of
the practicum you will be familiar with these.
7. The practicum will expose new requirements like the display of food caution
identifiers and cautionary statements when applicable, supplemented food
facts, highlighting supplemented ingredients, managing nutrient content and
health claims for supplemented food.
Who Should Attend:
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Food Supplement Manufacturers
- Food Labelling and Advertising Specialists
- Food Scientists
- Food Technologist/Technical Specialists
- Food Regulatory Specialists
- Product Development Personnel
- Research & Development Personnel
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Owners/Operators of Food Business
Price includes access to the Knowledge Exchange Recording , Aysnchrounous Pracitcum Recording as well as the access to all the support materials that are used during the live session. All Subsriptions are for 1 YEAR.