GETTING IT RIGHT WITH LABELLING FLAVOURS, SEASONING, SPICES AND HERBS [Live webinar knowledge exchange & practicum]
Part 1. Knowledge Exchange. (OCT14)
We will delve into the following topics:
- Labelling, labelling, labelling
- Compositional standards and definitions
- Natural flavours
- Artificial flavours
- Highlighting of ingredients and flavourings outside of your ingredient lists
- Vignettes and pictorial representations
- Claims like ‘no artificial flavours’, ‘made with natural flavours’
- Distinguishing spices, flavours, seasonings and herbs
- Proposed food labelling modernization like emphasizing ingredients and flavours
Part 2. Practicum (OCT 21)
The second part of this series (Practicum) allows webinar attendees an opportunity to gain further clarification of topics discussed in the first part of the webinar. No question will be left unanswered. Our goal is to have you walk away from this webinar series feeling confident with your labelling strategy.
- We will work through various regulations, standards and definitions so that you can understand how to apply these to your own ingredients. The quality of your suppliers’ most current specifications is very important in this regard.
- We will work through component declarations of flavourings and seasonings to help you save some valuable real estate on your label.
- We will look at various examples on the Canadian mark of food labels to help you gain a better understanding of how to tackle your ingredient labelling and non-ingredient labelling.
- We will work through creating some declarations for ingredient lists nomenclature.
- We will work through creating some flavour designations outside of ingredient lists. e.g. flavour flashes or call-outs
- We will look at an example of what emphasizing ingredients and flavours could look like if CFIA food labelling modernization proposals are finalized, as is.
Who should attend:
Flavours, Seasonings and Spices
Who Should Attend:
- Food Labelling and Advertising Specialists
- Food Scientists
- Food Regulatory Specialists
- Product Development Personnel
- Research & Development Personnel
- Marketing Personnel
- Food Service Personnel
- Food Technologists
- Ingredient Suppliers
- Food Inspectors
- Flavour Suppliers
- Seasoning Suppliers
- Owners/Operators of Food Business